All rates listed do not include HST. Harmonized Sales Tax of 13% is charged in addition to the rates listed. A 3% transaction fee will be applied to payments made with MasterCard or Visa. Long Point Getaway has a strict no pet policy, cottages 1 & 10 being the exceptions.
Copyright 2013. Long Point Getaway. All rights reserved.
By entering into a rental agreement with Long Point Getaway you agree to the following :
1. The Tenant must be a minimum age of 25 years of age, and agrees to provide proof of age with a valid government issued ID at time of check-in if requested.
2. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
3. There is no telephone provided in the cottage, cell phone coverage is not guaranteed. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
4. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. 4. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
5. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the provided bins along the curb during their stay for pickup. Monday the garbage is picked up early morning. Tenants are cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals. Excessive garbage and recycling (beyond 2 bins of garbage and 2 bins of recycling) will result in a $40 waste removal fee.
6. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
7. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises without written exception.
8. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
9. The Tenants shall have no more than [PMAXGUESTS] persons reside or sleep on the premises. You may have an additional 50% of the max guests on the premises between the hours 9AM until 10PM.
10. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
11. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
12. Landlord shall provide cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them and is asked to replace what has been used.
13. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
14. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
15. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
16. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
17. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions or nature.
18. If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not.
19. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
20. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the Lake or channel.
21. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property including candles and incense.
22. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
23. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
24. Tenant is advised that the property may contain a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
25. The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
26. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
27. Tenant is advised that there may not be a carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
28. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
29. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
30. Satellite may be provided, if so the service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to satellite TV service.
31. High speed wireless internet IF available is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
32. Tenant will ensure that all dishes are washed and put away.
33. Water is not tested for drinking unless otherwise indicated. Tenant shall provide their own drinking water.
34. Tenant will ensure that if BBQ has portable propane tanks that one of the two tank is full upon their departure
35. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 75 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78 degrees, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
36. Tenant will ensure that if a patio umbrella is provided it is taken down when not in use and properly secured. Patio chairs, tables and umbrellas are not to be taken off the premises to the beach.